Monday, March 23, 2009

Keep eating! Go back to sleep!



Hooray for Spring! Last week was beautiful! I studied outside all weekend for my first final, and it was AMAZING! Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Sooner or later. For this Rexburg pseudo-spring, it was sooner. We awoke this morning to a fresh coat of snow.

On the way to class, Becky and I walked past a tree where we heard a crow pitifully crowing, lamenting the false start to the beautiful season of warmth. (Seriously, he sounded like he was physically in great pain.) And then further up the hill on our 15 minute hike to the Hinckley, we passed a family of squirrels. They were all frantically scrounging in the snow and snarfing down anything they found. They seemed to be saying to eat other Keep eating! Spring's not here yet! Eat all you can, and go back to sleep! It's still Winter!! Haha, too bad I didn't have my camera on me..



4 comments:

Karie said...

Ah, the joys of Rexburg! Juston will never get to experience the winter semester. Maybe that's not so bad!

Kaelyjoe said...

This is SOOO cute, Sandy!!! I love the squirrel pictures!! I wonder...did you take the pictures????? :) Love ya! -Kaely

Anonymous said...

lol. great photo choices...

Anonymous said...

lol. great photo choices...